LCWSA Board Meeting June 2012
Monday June 11, 2012, LCWSA AGM Meeting
Meeting called to order at 7:10 pm.
- VP judicial Lois Hill
- VP Referee Coordinator Jen Bradley
- Registrar Cheryl Oltman
- Passin Thru – Cheryl Oltman
- Just 4 Kicks – Lois Hill
- Wolves – Millette Moist
- Shamrock – Jessica Ness and Steffanie Taylor
Rule or Constitution and Bylaws Change Proposals: None
Election of Officers:
- Steffanie Taylor is the new secretary
- Jessica Ness nominated Millette Moist for Treasurer and Lois Hill seconded the motion:
Millette Moist is the new Treasurer.
- VP judicial remains Lois Hill
- VP Referee Coordinator remains Jen Bradley
- Registrar remains Cheryl Oltman
- Score Keeper/Scheduler remains Jen Jolly
Positions remaining open are President and Area Coordinator, Marketing/publicity, Field Coordinator
Open volunteer positions include Parlimentarian and Sports Council Rep.
- A reminder was brought up that Shamrock needs to be refunded for overpaying for the 2012 season.
- A suggestion was made to discount league fees to $300 to help encourage new teams to join and existing ones to stay. There is enough money in the treasury to cover this.
- Discussion of incentives to generate new teams. Finding someone to be in charge of publicizing is a priority. Other suggestions include updating the website, working on a Facebook page, getting a table at soccer fairs. Connie Karnoski made a Facebook page, but is not activated. Ask her what needs to be done to do that.
- Discussion of meeting dates for the 2013 season. Meeting dates are:
- Monday January 7, Monday February 4, Monday March 4, and the AGM meeting is tentatively scheduled for Monday June 10, 2013.
- The Karey Brown Memorial Jamboree is scheduled for Saturday March 9, 2013.
- Suggestions to give Lois’ husband a gift for creating and maintaining the website for the last three years. A $75 gift card was decided upon
- Suggestion to create a sub pool to pull from if players are needed
- Discussion about going through youth leagues to secure additional fields
- Suggestion to increase field use fees to $125 per team, which was agreed by all present.
- Close of Meeting: Meeting adjourned at 8:00
Addendum to AGM Meeting June 18, 2012:
- Connie Karnoski has agreed to become the new President. Email correspondence occurred among Lois Hill, Cheryl Oltman, and Steffanie Taylor related to having Connie activate the Facebook page, which led to her volunteering to become President. Cheryl or Lois asked the remaining board members to accept her nomination as President, and they agreed. Discussion occurred as to whether she could be formally made President outside of an official meeting and it was decided she would be considered the Interim President until an official election could occur